ESXDOS aims to be the ultimate firmware for the DivIDE/DivMMC interface. Here's a list of current features:
- DivIDE: Supports HDD/CDROM/ZIP/LS120 devices
- DivMMC: Supports MMC/SD/SDHC devices
- Device and filesystem abstraction layer
- Full FAT16/FAT32 read/write support (no extended partitions, no LFN).
- Virtual Disk support (up to 4 devices)
- Betadisk/TR-DOS emulation using (trimmed) .TRD files
- Provides extended BASIC commands
- BASIC files integration using +3DOS headers for FAT filesystems
- Support for seamless IM2 loading/saving, from BASIC and machine code
- System commands loaded from /BIN dir of system drive
- TAPE emulator supports reading/writing from/to TAP files. TAP attaching functions are available to external programs.
- POSIX-based API usable by .commands, external programs and NMI.SYS. Functions available on rst $08:
open, read, write, close, opendir, readdir, seek, sync, fstat, getcwd, chdir, unlink...
- Possibility of getting absolute LBA sector and device on an opened file (for direct I/O)
- Kernel loads modules (.KO files) on demand
- NMI.SYS support (NMI system is independent, ESXDOS kernel just provides services)
Get the latest version (0.8.5) here!
Email all bug reports to bugs at esxdos dot org or post a report on our board.
The esxdos bios/boot screen
An esxdos cat of a FAT partition
NMI system (by ub880d)
ESXDOS 0.8.0 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.7.4 Public BETA (bugfix release)
ESXDOS 0.7.3 Public BETA
ESXDOS 0.7.3 Public BETA with MAPRAM fix
Zilogator's Permutor v0.0